Búsqueda personalizada

LA WEB DE READING COMPREHENSION PREFERIDA POR LOS HISPANOHABLANTES

 
INDICE "CUENTOS CORTOS NORTEAMERICANOS"

 

A

= READING COMPREHENSION ACTIVITY

= LISTENING

DRAGONHEART - Patrick Read Johnson and Charles Edward Pogue
In the king's castle, Queen Aislinn sat in her room. She looked out of the window with sad eyes. She couldn't see the battle, but she could hear the...
Reading with mp3 listening and activity.

A

 
 

 

 

THE LADY OR THE TIGER? (Part 1) - Frank R. Stockton  
A semi-barbaric king devises an entirely fair method of criminal trial involving two doors, a lady and a very hungry tiger...
Reading.


 

 
 

 

 

THE LADY OR THE TIGER? (Part 2) - Frank R. Stockton  
A semi-barbaric king devises an entirely fair method of criminal trial involving two doors, a lady and a very hungry tiger...
Reading.


 

 
 

 

 

A CATSKILL EAGLE - Robert B. Parker
It was nearly midnight and I was just getting home from work. I work as a detective...
Reading with mp3 listening and activity.

A

 
 

 

 

THE TURN OF THE SCREW - Henry James
I was very worried during the journey. Was I making a mistake? I was going alone to a strange house, to teach two children that I did not know...
Reading with mp3 listening and activity.

A

 
 

 

 

THE WAXWORK - Alfred Burrage
Raymond Hewson wanted to stay the night in the famous Marriner’s Waxworks, and write a newspaper feature about the Murderers’ Room...
Reading with mp3 listening and activity.

A

 
 

 

 

THE BLUE AND THE GRAY - George P. McCallum   
It was a chilly evening in early November and Wilhelm Mueller was cold, but he didn't want to go into the house yet. He felt terrible as he thought about...
Reading with activities and answers.

A
 

 
 

 

 

THE CONCERT SINGER - George P. McCallum   
Dorothy Brown was extremely happy as she sat in the theater listening to the music. "Lauren's first concert" she thought...
Reading with activities and answers.

A
 

 
 

 

 

THE CHEMISTRY TEACHER - George P. McCallum   
The campus of Jefferson Uníversity was beautiful right after the rain. It had been raining all morning, but shortly after lunch it had cleared up and...
Reading with activities and answers.

A
 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO (Part 1/2) - Edgar Allan Poe   
Fortunato and I both were members of very old and important Italian families. We used to play together when we were children.
Reading with mp3 listening


 

 
 

 

 

THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO (Part 2/2) - Edgar Allan Poe   
He turned and looked into my eyes. "Tombs?" he said. He began to cough. The silver bells on his cap jingled.
Reading with mp3 listening


 

 
 

 

 

THE GIFT OF THE MAGI - William Sydney Porter "O. Henry"  
This Christmas story tells of a young married couple whose only two possessions of any value are her long hair and his gold watch.
Reading with mp3 listening (1 page). ADAPTED VERSION


 

 
 

 

 

THE GIFT OF THE MAGI - William Sydney Porter "O. Henry"  
This Christmas story tells of a young married couple whose only two possessions of any value are her long hair and his gold watch.
Reading with bilingual presentation (2 pages). FULL VERSION


 

 
 

 

 

WHILE THE AUTO WAITS - William Sydney Porter "O. Henry"  
As a story-teller, O. Henry is remarkable for his ingenuity in the use of ironical coincidences, for his skilful plots and unexpected endings...
Reading with bilingual presentation and activities (4 pages).

A
 

 
 

 

 

THE SILVER ELEPHANT - George P. McCallum   
From the first time he saw her in the office where they both worked, Eric Warren liked Janet West. Eric rarely went out with giris from his office, but...
Reading with activities and answers.

A
 

 
 

 

 

THE LADY OR THE TIGER? - Frank R. Stockton
A semi-barbaric king devises an entirely fair method of criminal trial envolving two doors, a lady and a very hungry tiger...
Reading with a debate.


 

 
 

 

 

THE OVAL PORTRAIT - Edgar Allan Poe
She was a beautiful young flower, and always so happy...
Reading with activities.

A

 

 

 

FORO DE CONSULTAS   INICIO